About ShaBoogie

Monday, June 27, 2011

Mediocre Monday..

Baby Boogie taking me for a walk..

If you follow me on T.witter, then you might have heard me rambling about deactivating my Fa.cebook page. And I did! I swears I did.. then I turned it back on. *sigh*. I guess I'm trying to get the courage to just delete it all together. Why? Well, for starters I was just tired of people putting ALL their business out there! Once you say something, you can't take it back. If you post that your boyfriend/girlfriend/baby's fadda is an idiot/jerk/cheater... Then the next day profess your love for said person #NOBODYBELIEVESYOU. Then, in true A.ries fashion, I was just bored with it..  The only thing stopping me is that its the only way I remember birthdays  connect with folks that I otherwise wouldn't talk too..

Anywho..

Last week I broke down and jumped onto T.umblr. Its so addictive! I was even considering deleting my blog because of it.. But, K_Rock talked me off the ledge and chastised me like only a mother could, lol.

Do you tumble? Is that even the way you ask folks if they are on T.umblr? 

In other news...

My second wedding anniversary is coming up! I can't believe its been two years since I walked down the aisle to smooch my boo and say "yes, I'll be your bestie for life". Aweeeee... Last year we went to beautiful Saco, Maine to celebrate-- it has this old timey beach town feel, beautious! Keeping with tradition, we wanted to do something this year too, but, seems like we're going to play it close to home to conserve $$$. I came up with the brilliant idea to hit an amusement park during the day (WoooPeeee!!!!), since we're two big ass kids.. and do a romantic dinner at night. 

But of course, in her usual hater fashion -- here comes my mom raining on my parade.

This heffa go'n tell me "I have surgery scheduled for that day". 

Me: Really? But, thats our anniversary...

Hater: So?! I need to be dropped off and picked up.

Did she just tell me 'so'? 

Did I tell ya'll her surgery is NON-LIFE THREATENING!! She is getting one of her damn toes straightened {{blank stare}}

#icant

11 comments:

Jameil said...

So... sounds like it's time for your brother to be the model child and do the chauffering. Out of control. You extremist. You can't tumbl, tweet, blog & fb? You can only do one? Waa waaa. Why don't you delete or hide the crazies if they work your nerves so much? But really most importantly... HAPPY ALMOSTVERSARY!!! Let us know when the actual day is!!

EarthAngel172 said...

LMBO @ the hater reference in the conversation! There's nothing like your mom but I feel ya..

Congrats on the second wedding anniversary!

I deactivated my FB account on Jan. 3rd for this very reason and to be honest the first week sucked! Then I found that I had more time to focus on other things in my life and I have not looked back. So gone make that jump!

★Starrla said...

Ahahahahaha @ moms just crashin' ya'll day already. Ummm mom...I have other siblings who are of driving age who can help you that day mmmkay? Thaaaanks! Congrats on your anniversary girl! *cues Anniversary by Tony, Tone, Toni* I still have a FB account but I barely update. I'll put pics up every so often but I'm so sick of seeing everyone tagged in these Jordan pics that I seriously want to delete everyone!

ShaBoogiesince1982 said...

@Jameil - you sound like the husband! Idk why I shoulder all the responsibility like an only child... someone in this scenario is irresponsible, that's why! And I'll get a phone call that she didn't get picked up from the hospital *tears*. When you mention everything it SO sounds like a lot! Boo! I'll be on twitter all day professing my undying love on the anniversary!

@Jetaime- My mom is such a hater, hatehatehate! Thanks & I'm weening myself off. I went w/o being on for 2 weeks and it felt like 2 months, ha!

@Starrla - The jordan pics are SO annoying. I do need to call my brother.. ol' never doing nothing self!

K. Rock said...

Ha! I used FB to remember birthdays too. It's so useful for that.

There will be no blog quitting in my possee! So fugggedabout it.

I cant get into Tumblr though. I have visited there and it's justpictures. You can't even leave comments! What I'm posed to do over there? I cant figure it out!

Gone and take your mom to the straight toe store and get her hooked up. The good thing about anniversaries is you can celebrate them when ever you want. I'll save my "happy anniversary" for your actual anniversary.

Anonymous said...

Twitter, tumblr, what's next man?? *lol* I swear ya'll don't want nobody to get off the dang computer!

Thoughtsofsoutherngal said...

I probably check my FB feed once a week. Some of them need a twitter account because they have fifty-eleven status updates a day.

Ms. Behaving said...

I won't lie...I use FB to keep track of folks birthdays too. It's sooooo refreshing to know i'm NOT alone.

LOL @ Moms lettin' you know she needs to be dropped off AND picked up. What can I say...we gotta love em' ::whispering:: or so it is said.

Hope you guys enjoy your anniversary however you spend it. :D

ShaBoogiesince1982 said...

@k-rock- LOL! I can't with you & the 'straight toe store, ha!

@TDJ- that's how I feel! Like I'm always staring at dern screen! *runs from the room screaming*

@SG- Ok? they update like ery dang second, please!! get a twitter!

@MsB - So its official - I'll keep FB to track the birthdays.lol

Tarsha! said...

Girrrllll, that is the only way I keep up with folks birthdays!

I am not on my FB nearly as much as I used to when it was new. I don't have a tumblr and I will not be sucked into the vortex. Besides I am all about www.pinterest.com. Let me know if you need an invite

Something else to waste time while we suppose to be working! LOL

Brown English Muffin said...

This is the cutest picture!!! I found you on Ro Gets Fit!