About ShaBoogie

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Baby #2

No I'm not pregnant (again...) But, baby number 2 does cross my mind.

On those days when baby boogie is literally under foot and insists that mommy is his playmate, I wonder what it'd be like for him to have a sibling. Then my mind jumps to life when baby boogie is older and how being an 'only child' will shape his outlook on life, personality and how he relates to others in general. I don't want him to be have that typical bratty only child syndrome.

I look at friends and cousins that grew up with two or more siblings and I kind of want baby boogie to have that.. although I wasn't all that close to my older brother, I still have memories of him doing things with me that 'big brothers' do.

The flipside: DO I WANT TO BE FRIGGIN PREGNANT, AGAIN?! 


Nope. No ma'am. I do not. I don't feel like dealing with my stomach stretching to massive proportions, watching my nose spread across my face or dealing with swollen feet. I can't stand the thought of going through the morning sickness/nausea B.S. or not being able to sleep comfortably and having my sex drive drop down to zero. I don't want to push out another 8 pound child and be sore for weeks after. I'm not sure if I can mentally handle a newborn and a toddler. Some days baby boogie alone takes me right to the edge of my sanity -- and don't even get me started on the cost of raising one chile, let alone two.

*le sigh*

So, I have a lot to consider. My mental stability versus giving baby boogie a sibling. Snappy is with it sometimes.. other days he asks me "who I'm having this baby with"....ha!

Mommies with two or more chil'ren.. what's it like? Enlighten me!  One quitter hitter mommies, have you thought of having another? 

11 comments:

Jameil said...

You know you can't be titling a post like that!! I immediately thought you were knocked up!! You're wack!

Eyes On The Prize (eyesOTP) said...

" don't feel like dealing with my stomach stretching to massive proportions, watching my nose spread across my face or dealing with swollen feet. "

Um, thanks for the reality check.

I gotta make a decision...FAST...on whether or not I'm gonna have a kid. I just don't know....? I might make a post about it.


Can't wait to see what others respond.

K. Rock said...

Being pregnant sucks!! It is one of those things I am glad I never have to do again. Not fun at all.

Now with that said, you do need to have another baby. You can't just have 1 child. That's crazy. The baby definitely needs a sibling. Just do it know and get it over with. It will take no time to get your sexy back.

Tarsha! said...

*does a praise dance* I can comment!!!!!!

Daycare alone is birth control enough for me.

Thankfully I had my daughters years apart....like 13. It wasnt on purpose but I couldnt even imagine life without Babe. I am a different parent now than I was when I was a child mother with my oldest.

I have NO DESIRE to have another child and too necessary steps to make that a non mf factor! lolololol...I crack myself up...I'm just happy to post! LOLOL

Tarsha R

ShaBoogiesince1982 said...

@Jameil- HAHA!! Now you know it feels when you do it to us! lol

@OTP- yup, betta make up your mind.. and fast!

@K.Rock - you have a point -- a good one! Baby boogie should have a sibling.. but it scares me!

@Tarsha - lol!! IF I have another one it will certainly be my last and I'll make sure of that, ha! The daycare..oh lawd the daycare!

LaShawn Wiltz said...

I cannot imagine having another child besides Pookah. I would slit my wrists. My mind, my body and my pocketbook would scream! CDUb and I are truly content with one. I'll revisit the idea in a year( I am getting old!) but most likely, Pookah will be an only child.

SimplyB said...

I enjoyed my pregnancy so I am definitely going to try for one more. 2 is my max, which is down from 4.

When? Hell if I know but I am 100% certain I want it to happen.

Thoughtsofsoutherngal said...

I had a very good pregnancy. I want another child but I don't see that happening for a few more years.

I saw a couple the other day at an ice cream shop. They had 3 kids. All of them were 5 and under. I don't see how they do it.

ShaBoogiesince1982 said...

@RD - LOL! So mad at you for the slitting wrist comment, ha! I felt like that once.. but now that baby boogie is getting older I'm rethinking it. I went so far as to tell Snappy to get himself fixed!

@SimplyB - Four? No'am! I def want to do it before baby boogie turns 3.. he'll be 2 in september.

@SG - I don't think I can do two kids in diapers. 3 under 5y.o? No thanks!

Anonymous said...

No ma'am, no way, no how! I'm in the corner next to Rose's Daughter using her same rusty knife to slit my wrists. My motto - "One and done!". I am an only child and I loved my life growing up. I cannot imagine having another one, nor do I have any desire for it. Good luck with your decision!

Sexy Gunz said...

I have two babies. One 14 and the other 10 months. The only thing I regret is the age gap. Children are a blessing and there is something to learn from each and every one them. You'll know when the time is right for you and hubby reproduce again. Just don't wait too long!!