Baby boogie is really growing up *tears*. He's not responding with "no" to everything and his little "yes' has a cute lisp hanging on the end, aweee.... He knows how to put his plates and cups in the sink, throw away his snack if it falls on the floor and put his laundry in the laundry basket #winning!
On Saturday my cousin calls me. I answer the phone mumbling about foolishness like I usually do; its our customary greeting. Dead air greets me. Finally a male voice responds and tells me my cousin is in the hospital. She had a stroke. What? My cousin and I are the same age. A stroke? Of course I panic. She lives in ATL alone, her mother lives in another state and her father lives in another country.. Finally, I regain some sense and ask some questions. "Can she talk? Can she walk? When did she get there?" Everything is normal, except for her speech. Praise God. Thankfully a mutual friend was able to fly out the next day.. I'll fly down on Thursday to switch with her until her parents fly in. Wow. Through it all, she's maintained her sense of humor asking me 'how will I be able to start law school in the fall when I can't even speak f#king english right now'. Hilarious.
God works in mysterious ways... My cousin is always on the go.. stressing herself out. I said ' sometimes, God gives us little signs to slow down.. and when we don't listen --- he shouts. Maybe God is trying to tell you something.'
What do YOU think God has been trying to tell you lately?

10 comments:
{{hugs}}
Sorry to hear about your cousin but you gave her (and us) some great words of wisdom. "Slow down and know that I am God."
It's about time we recognize that.
Praying for a speedy recovery. Safe travels.
Kids grow up fast. Next think you know he will be starting kindergarten.
Sorry to hear about your cousin. Maybe that was her wakeup call to slow down.
Yay baby boogie!!! & omg about your cousin! That's crazy! I'm glad you'll be able to go be with her.
Sorry to hear about your cousin....My mom was always on the go and never took a moment and then BAM a stroke that changed all of our lives forever.
I’ve been stressed lately and I am not sure what God is saying but I am trying my best to just go with it….with an open heart and a smile :-)
Thank you all for the positive energy & comments!
I wish you safe travels. I'm sorry that a stroke is the reason that you're making this trip. Maybe God was sending you both a message.
so sorry to hear about your cousin. God be with you and your family.
Oh wow. I think when we get up everyday, we take life for granted. We scurry through the days thinking that nothing will happen to us or the people we love. And then BAM...something happens and life is forever changed.
I think that God is telling me a lot of things. I think I need to stop taking life for granted, and thinking my moms and brothers are gonna be here forever. I have to keep in touch with them better.
I have to stop jumping in front of trains. I am a risk taker by nature, and sometimes that is good, and sometimes that is baaaadddd. I need to do better at recognizing what is worth the risk!
Oh girl I could go on and on, but I will let those two things be a start. Thanks for bringing the thought into my head.
And it sounds like your cousin is staying positive...she sounds like a great person with an awesome spirit.
I hope she has a speedy recovery.
Sorry to hear that your cousin suffered the stroke. I'm encouraged by her sense of humor. Glad you were able to get down to ATL to see her.
Post a Comment