About ShaBoogie

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Ok Then..

I got called out by a few of my blogger friends for disappearing for three months, then posting like nothing happened...HA! Between becoming a new home owner (which I have yet to blog about..) my new commute to work, which takes me an hour and a half from door to door -- including a pit stop to drop off baby boogie.. AND my increased job duties, I have close to no time to breathe, sleep or even think about blogging.

But..

I want to change that. I'm trying to get my physical and mental life a lot more organized. So, I can do the things I enjoy, like blog.. and sleep.

Anywho, enough about that. Today, baby boogie went on his first field trip with his daycare! *tears* I almost didn't send him because it made me anxious thinking about my almost three year old out in public without me there to protect him. Sad, I know..lol. But, who is going to make sure my baby doesn't talk to strangers? WHO?!! Ugh... Not that I don't trust the daycare, because I do. They are awesome. My boo can count to ten in five languages (English, French, Spanish, Swahili & Japanese) recognizes letters, colors & numbers and is one smart little cookie. But, I am happy knowing he stays inside or in a gated fence until I safely pick him up at the end of the day.

Lawd!  I'm overreacting. I know.. Bleh!

Another one of my focuses is to be a better wife. I think I'm pretty awesome as a life partner, but.. I can do better! Especially in the communication department. I've been reading a book titled "The Language of Love and Respect" by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs and its pretty good. I love how it ties in biblical principles with common sense approaches to communicating better in your marriage. Last night, the chapter I read was focused on how we shouldn't be so focused on being in a marriage with our spouse, but how our marriage is actually a reflection of our relationship with God and we should act as though we are married to Him! The overall theme of the book is how men respond to being respected and how woman respond to being 'loved'. I think a lot of the disagreements that I have with Snappy come about, because we're talking two different languages. Duh! Right? Men are black and white and well.. I can speak for myself as a woman and say that I talk in pinks, reds, greens, yellows....lol

I've also been encouraging myself by reading daily devotionals in the morning and trying to listen to Christian radio during the day.

How do you stay positive and keep your spirit uplifted through the day?

3 comments:

LaShawn Wiltz said...

I pray, pray...then pray some more!

ShaBoogiesince1982 said...

That too @Rose's Daughter!!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I've rediscovered your blog again. That's so funny you talk about field trips because the local day care took the little ones out yesterday morning for a walk, i presume. They are all holding onto the cute thing that looks like a snake/leash while they walk in pairs of 2. The younger they are the less inhibited... They just wave at any and every bum on the streets. Lol when they waved my way it my ovaries squeal a bit, any who... Hello again! I definitely need some mid day inspiration as well.