About ShaBoogie

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Criminally Insane...

... My husband is. Yes. Don't try to convince me otherwise.

Let me explain.

See, for the past few months, I've been trying to debunk his myth that running the household is a shared task. Ha. Please, negro. Tell the truth and shame the devil. It's a lie. For example: if he was to come home, find me sitting on the couch in the evening, with not a scent of anything delicious on the stove, him gon'e ask me where dinner at. But, he swears that role is shared! Please.

Anywho, so for the past week, he's been cooking dinner! No prompting required. Hallelujah! Being the magnificent wife that I am, I acknowledged him and told him how much I appreciate HIM and what he's been doing.

Here's why I'm calling him crazy. This man gonna' tell ME, that he doesn't "need" to be acknowledged because I know and he knows what he's doing, so why say anything.

::blank stare::

Excuse me?

So... You don't need me to say "thank you?" Or show me appreciation?

Ok then...

CRAZY!! Lol

5 comments:

K. Rock said...

So you just gone show up and not acknowledge you been missing for like 3 months. Ummm kay...

I have been back & forth with this too. When Hubs cooks dinner, i tell him thank you but when I do it, I dont get one. I think its b/c it's expected of me so no special recognition is given. So, to be fair, I stopped thanking Hubs too becaue I do expect certain things of him too.

So if the man doent want thank yous, then cut them off. He sounds like a good dude.

ShaBoogiesince1982 said...

Uhm yes.. Just gonna dissapear and pop back up like nothing happened! Lol I just realized blogger had an app for iPhone, hooray! Hubs is crazy, why are we expected to do those things?! Grrrrr!! But thanks, he is a good guy :-)

Babs said...

You know what CRAY? You popping up in my reader 3 months later like nothing was doing.

Are we supposed to say thank you for posting?

ShaBoogiesince1982 said...

Welp... I figured if I acted like nothing happened, everyone else would too, lol

Trish said...

Lol! Men are funny, because had you not said anything he probably would have been like man, she doesn't even notice that I'm helping! I love your family stories. Can't wait to have my own someday!