Now.. as the recruiter in my department, I am charged with the daunting task of searching for my new boss. {{blank stare}} Awkward, right? I get to phone screen, interview and hire the person that will eventually tell me what to do..so weird. Hence my lack of blog posting and random sh*t talking on T.w.itter.
| Buttermilk Brine |
| 17 herbs & spices :p |
The next evening I gassed myself up telling anyone that would listen how I was gonna' put my foot in this chicken! Yes! I was going to make some slap yo' momma good fried poultry. I poured some wine, cranked my E.Badu station on P.andora and got busy.
I mixed some cayenne, Lawry's (what's fried chicken without LAWRY'S?!) Fresh ground black pepper, paprika and garlic powder.
I battered up my chicken real chef-like. Ya' know? I was dippin' and shaking it up in the kitchen, drinking my liquid courage and acting like I knew what I was doin, hmph..
| Ready for the fryer! |
So, the recipe said to get the oil nice and hot. Check. Next, put the pieces in, not letting them touch and cover with a lid. Hold up.. I ain't never heard of covering fried chicken with a lid before. But, I was game for trying something new so I did it. Amazing results! When I peeked to check on the chicken, it seemed as though the steam was browning and cooking the part of the chicken that wasn't sitting in the oil. So far, so good.
Of course.. I wander off and do other things.. and come back to find that I'd cooked the first few pieces to long -- drats!!
| A little 'too' well done |
| Perfect batch of fried chicken |
Can YOU fry chicken?
10 comments:
I can always follow a recipe!! No more wandering off when you're cooking!
You have never heard covering fried chicken with a lid because you didn't know how to fry chicken. Duh, Sha! lol Growing up, I remember my mommy frying chicken with a lid. When I do fry chicken, I never cover it with a lid. Once it cools off, I will try the buttermilk batter. There's no way I'm frying chicken while it's 110 degrees outside.
My mother always covered her fried chicken and it was THE BEST! I think I'm going to have to fry some chicken today......
Reading this made me want some daggone fried chicken!!!! Preferably some lemon pepper flavored drumettes! LOL
I do fry chicken, but not that often. I use a deep fryer, if I'm making a lot of chicken. If it's just for myself, I use a cast iron skillet. If you didn't add hot sauce to that buttermilk, you should try it next time.
Go 'head Chef Sha! I'm not really a fan of buttermilk fried chicken, but it does look great! I fry mine exactly like my grandma taught all of us to do and I use a wire/mesh type cover not a lid. But truly? There are very few things you can do wrong to fried chicken. And even those can be corrected with a bottle of hot sauce. LOL!
You guys are so funny with your fried chicken commentary, lol! I fried some chicken wings last night, minus the buttermilk and chile, I can officially fry some chicken! I learned my lesson and didn't walk away this time, ha!
My mouth is watering looking at your pictures! New visitor & follower! I was ashamed for awhile to say that I was indeed Black and couldnt fry chicken, but I got over it, lol! But this recipe...soaking in buttermilk, seems like it would make for amazing fried chicken. Would love the recipe!
My name is Nerd Girl and I have never fried...anything. I'm scared of hot grease.
When you were talking about frying that bird on the 'Twittah' it had me cracking up! It looks delicious!
Don't sleep on brining! When I grill poke chops I brine them in herbed buttermilk!
As far as bosses go, I know how you feel. There is nothing like a rockstar boss!
Tarsha R
www.threefoodwords.com
Post a Comment