About ShaBoogie

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Food Fantasy

In my perfect world.. my kitchen would look like this...All high ceilings and open spaces. *sigh*  I'd have endless funds to spend at high end grocery stores... Sunday afternoons would be used to cruise aisle after aisle of over priced cheeses, produce and all the seafood my heart desires. Yes! I'll take that pound of $11.99 sea scallops! Your biggest lobster, sir!

But, that isn't my life right now... Currently, you can find me sharing a kitchen with my mother, coupon clipping and sale shopping while Snappy and I save to buy MY dream kitchen. While I dream, I also troll cooking blogs to inspire my weekly meal planning. If you want to have any semblance of a sane and orderly week-- meal plan! Seriously. Its shaved millions of seconds off annoying ass conversations with Snappy about what he wants for dinner. I don't ask. I just plan. Then I tell him. Period - end of story. See how easy that is? lol

Anywho.. currently, my favorite food blog is For the Love of Cooking, simply because she uses pictures to illustrate the recipe. See how easy to please I am? I've used quite a few of her recipes to add some variety to my meal planning. Her roasted chicken thighs with tomatoes, garlic, asparagus and mushrooms? Everything!

Yesterday while I was trolling her blog for some food inspiration, I stumbled across another blog that I fell head over heels in love with, Mommie Cooks! Seriously ya'll, I can read about food and look at pictures of food all.day.long. I saw a recipe for fried green tomatoes..chile! I can't wait until I have the space to buy as many spices and ingredients as I'd like, without having to worry about space.. and create every dish that catches my eye....

What's the latest recipe YOU used to create magic in the kitchen?

12 comments:

Tarsha! said...

Thanks for the new food links! I too could stroll food blogs ALL DAY!
Girl meal planning is EVERY.SINGLE.THING. Saves time and no one is asking me what's for dinner - just check the menu!

When yall get that dream kitchen holla at a playa so we can get our cook on! LOLOL

Tarsha! said...

Oh I didnt answer the question...I made homemade taco seasonings and a tropical fruit sorbet!

Thoughtsofsoutherngal said...

I know what my dream kitchen will look like. I'm sure I will cook more if I had it. I love trying out new recipes.

The last thing I made was chicken alfredo. It was so so good.

Anonymous said...

I can't co-sign enough about meal planning. If I didn't, my family would probably eat out every night. I plot the menu and go over it on Thursday nights with MrTDJ so that I can do any additional shopping Friday during my lunch hour. The last recipe I used was from an apple and banana muffin. I added my own stuff like raisins and such. Twas delicious. Can't wait to check out these 2 blogs.

ShaBoogiesince1982 said...

@Tarsha - when i get my dream kitchen I will def be cooking more of the meals I see on your page!

@SG- I cook most days, but I think I'd experiment more with my dream kitchen..shoot even my own kitchen at this point! mmm..I love chicken alfredo *drool*

@TDJ- I usually plot on the weekends right before grocery shopping.. I need to plot earlier. I find when I don't plot we do eat out more, good point!

Nexgrl said...

The last thing I cooked was a red sauce with clams(I purchased 4lbs of fresh frozen clams,) and belgian waffles.

I have a decent size kitchen, but I deperately need a new floor, countertops, and backsplash. Since it's not falling apart, the other repairs took precedence.

Jameil said...

I can.not WAIT to have an awesome kitchen and a limitless food budget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

I've been ripping pictures out of design mags and saving pics online FOR.EVER planning my dream kitchen. I can wait to pick my appliances and select my beautiful island with custom counter tops.

The last thing I made was a scratch chocolate cake.

K. Rock said...

The kitchen is the number 1 factor in me buying a house. I want a fab kitchen! I must totally agree about meal planning, it really helps. But after I do it sucessfully one week, I get discouraged because I have to do it all over again. It's a never ending cycle to feed these people!

ShaBoogiesince1982 said...

@nex - that sounds good! they make do it yourself kitchen renovations look so easy on those shows, smh.. I'd probably end up with gaping holes everywhere!

@Jameil - Ditto! A beautious kitchen is DREAM. Oh, and the endless food budget *sigh*

@GP - A from scratch chocolate cake?! #WINNING! I thought I was doing something making chocolate chip cookies from scratch, ha! I love trolling the web looking at renovated designer kitchens..

@K.Rock- You're right! The feeding never ends! I'm not consistent either -- some weeks I do great, this week I was totally slacking on my pimpin, but thankfully had enough food in the fridge and freezer to avoid take out.

Trish said...

I love seafood too! If I could, I would eat it all day, everyday. That is a really nice kitchen, I can't wait to purchase a home and have it look just like I want it to, I already have a picture of it in my mind. I clip recips but I barely find the time to make them, that is something that I will work on making time for in the future.

Arr said...

This is a nice looking kitchen. Sometimes I desire a white kitchen. I had one when I lived in an apartment.