About ShaBoogie

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Random Foolery

First of all.. How about, not only did I just move into my neighborhood full of retirees and working class folks. And.. not only are we one of I THINK two black families on the block..

BUT..

I got robbed last week!

*GASP*

Ok, maybe not 'robbed' exactly. But, my car was broken into.

Ok, maybe not 'broken into' since we left the doors open..

BUT...

Some jerk walked their happy ass up my driveway, opened my car door, riffled through the glovebox AND took the radio face.

Not the radio.

{{blank stare}}

 Clearly an idiot, yes?

Oh.

The kicker?

We had a DVD player in the backseat and its still there!!!

{{insert uncontrollable laughter here}}

So, here Snappy and I are thinking we were targeted (as the new black folks on the street...) being all paranoid.

Anywho.. I hadn't met any of my neighbors until this past Saturday when I let baby boogie and the step daughter play in the backyard, because they were getting on my bloodclot nerves and it was such a nice day outside.

Next thing I know, I'm hanging over my fence chit chatting with my neighbor letting the kids play with her kids and we're having a merry old gay time.

I tell her about the 'break in' and she says "Oh you too!! That happened too Tod and Mary!"

{{wipping my brow}}

WHEEEW!! Thank God! Welp.. not "thank God they got robbed too..." But, thank God we weren't targeted!


Come to find out, the idiot(s) riffled through most cars on the block looking for change and anything else they could high jack.

Jerks.

The weird thing is. I didn't feel violated or unsafe, I mostly felt annoyed! A real robber would have SEEN the DVD player, or ripped my radio out instead of just taking the face off.

Amateurs...

6 comments:

EarthAngel172 said...

Sounds like a suburban "gangsta" got into your car...I don't know what to make of these New Age chirren! LOL

Glad you guys are getting settled into the neighborhood though.

Eyes On The Prize (eyesOTP) said...

Amateurs! LOL. I have had my car broken into and they took A LOT. Me the big dummy was too cheap to park in a lot and left all kinds of stuff visible like I was living in Mayberry or something. Ooh, it hurt so bad I couldn't sleep all night. I would have probably thought the same thing about being targeted! I have two cars and both got vandalized in the same neighborhood. When the second one got hit that's when I said I had to bounce. Somebody was hatin' hard on me and lawd knows what they would have done next. So I know the feeling about being targeted...and it ain't nuttin nice at all!

K. Rock said...

Yep probably just some kids or something. Sorry it happened to you though. Thieves are the absolute lowest of the low.

Tarsha! said...

I hate a thieving thief!!!!!!

Glad that is all they took and that you and the family were safe!

Reggie said...

Hey it happens in the best of neighborhoods. Crooks always go where the money is. If they mess with poor people they won't get much.

Tarsha! said...

Um...."where you et?"