Don't raise your eyebrow at me like that...let me explain.
My former boss was my office boo. We argued, laughed, had beer and wings for lunch at the bar...
It was the perfect union.
Then...
He was offered the 'perfect' job in another state -- and he left me.
*tears*
I literally cried when he told us. How could he do this to me?! To us...
Although I had my office bestie, Miss Gunz and my gay office husband
(I'm something like an office m.ormon..)...
..Its. Just. Not. The. Same.
I felt like I was never away from Snappy when I was at work; they both get my
Anywho..
This holiday season got me thinking about him because we'd usually be two peas in a pod at the holiday party and shopping at the last minute for our spouses. Me yelling at him for not getting his wife exactly what she asked for and letting those cheap mall cart leeches talk him into $100 "miracle lotion" -- and him critiquing the shirts I picked up for Snappy as we shopped side by side at L.ord.&Taylor
Although we still talk on the phone occasionally and text pretty regularly, I miss talking to him through our shared office wall and getting our $6 bowl of chili at the local dive bar.
Do YOU have an office marriage?

9 comments:
No office marriage for me, I try to keep it short and simple with my coworkers, discussing little to nothing about my personal life. Typically, there are like fifty women for one man at my office, so work husbands are hard to come by anyway.
There is a girl in the office that has me annoyed recently. I realized she is the type to ask you a bunch of questions but wants to share nothing about herself. I'm always leery of people like her, so I've tried distancing myself.
The end of office-ships are tough. You were lucky to have experienced what many of us wish for. Hopefully the experience prepares you well for your role as director/boss.
Trish- I hate nosey mo-fo's! Ask 101 questions, then wanna brag *rolling my eyes* lol
@Gunz - thanks! not sure if I ever want to manage though..haha!
I had the best work husband in the world! I totally miss that job and him. It's been a few years and we kept in touch for a good while but alas...it eventually fell off. When I run into him in the streets we're still cool though. Love this post! Thanks for the memory!
@GP - A good office hubby is hard to find! lol
Yep, I have one and he's the best kind because he's gay!! I share him with my female work BFF. He's great to us!
I have a gay office husband. It has been the perfect union!!
Did you say office Mor.mon?? iCan't with you! No office hubby though I have an office wife...lol...that's my dawg!!
A good office wife is hard to find. I've had a few, but the good one's are too few and far between.
Post a Comment