About ShaBoogie

Monday, September 26, 2011

Don't shoot the messenger..

I have SO much I want to blog about! Where to begin.. where to begin...

Welp, I know ya'll want to hear about baby boogie's birthday party. BUT, I can't focus on that right now.. because my mind is stuck on the baby shower I went to yesterday!

I fired off a few tweets.. but that seriously didn't do it ANY justice. Nope. Not at all.

First. FIRST!!!!!  Snappy, baby boogie and I get there a little before 4pm. The shower started at 3pm. We were the first ones there. Oh.. ok.

People start arriving closer to 6pm. Alright then.. sorry, forgot we was on CP time. My bad!

Anywho.. a blur of leopard runs by me.. What in the hail... Come now. Who done dressed their 4 year old in head to toe velvet leopard print?! *crying* Show yourself! Who did it! Ya'll.. this little girl had no hair and her momma snatched what little hair she had into a bazillion little ponytails all over her head. *sigh*.. Then, she had on a leopard print VELVET dress and leopard print VELVET leggings.. I'm done here.

I felt like I was dressed appropriately for a Sunday afternoon baby shower. Dark denim, flats, a thin short sleeve fall sweater, silk scarf... Oh, clearly I was over dressed and I didn't get the memo it was 'Club Shower'. Patent leather red stilettos, spandex, short shorts, stupid dumb low rise jeans, skin tight dresses, bad lace fronts... #icant

That wasn't even the worst of it! When we were leaving I saw this mother give her maybe 11 or 12 year old son the cussing of a lifetime. But, it was one of those strong silent cussings... you know, tense low voice, lots of finger action..lol Come to find out, the little boy was the kid that SHOT & KILLED his cousin a few years ago. Wow... I was eating  mac&cheese with a killer.

It's surprising to me how small the world is.. the expecting father is the godfather of the child that did the killing. The sad thing is.. everyone that heard the boy did it wasn't surprised.. and the mother just got out of jail O_o

So, how was YOUR weekend?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorely disappointed that you didn't get any pictures of the shower shenanigans! And I think I go to church with baby leopard...or one of her relatives!!

I refuse to click on the shot and killed link. Refuse! I can only hope and pray that I've never broken bread with such a child. I'm sure I have!

Happy belated birthday to BB!

Nexgrl said...

You are good. They would have received a gift in the mail. Did you have any idea regarding the relatives/friends of the expecting couple before attending the shower?

LaShawn Wiltz said...

O.M.G.
I really needed photos!!! ROFL!!!

EarthAngel172 said...

_____flatline____

I can see why you can't blog about BB's birthday party. Hell I can't breathe after reading all of that.

★Starrla said...

My eyes were O_O the whole time I read this!!!!!

WHY LAWD WHY!?! Idk if pics would've done this shower justice. I feel like I had to be there to see it lol

Anonymous said...

Wow. I don't really know what to say. And after reading the article of the accident, I'm saddened, yet stuck on the name - Liquarry. Really??? Liquarry Sr. and Jr.????

Jameil said...

That poor little boy. Now that you told me that I can't focus on anything else. :(

K. Rock said...

You know "we" are famous for doing too much at the totally wrong time. So the fact that folks overdressed for the baby shower doesn't even surprise me. But the killer kid? That just aint right.

ShellyShell said...

Sure wish you had pictures of that foolywang! As for the boy it's such a sad story. But while reading the article I couldn't get past the names Liquarry? Word? Jayquan(that goodness there were no apostrophe's used in the name). Tragic story.

Ms. Behaving said...

A 4 y/o rockin' velvet/leopard print everything at a baby shower??? ::shakin' my head and screamin' SHAME.ON.IT.ALL!!!::

I'ma need "our people" to do better.